Importing from China has many benefits for UK businesses. The goods manufactured there are popular worldwide and are often cheaper to source.
However, it’s not an easy task, particularly for businesses new to importing. It can be confusing, costly and complex.
Given the impact of the current coronavirus pandemic, we’re seeing an upturn in the number of businesses starting to import as they look to diversify and develop new income streams or they need to seek new suppliers in the COVID-19 world.
If you’re one of them, it’s worth seeking advice before you start the process to make sure it runs efficiently and smoothly and any pitfalls are avoided such as goods becoming impounded because they don’t meet required UK safety standards. We’re seeing this a lot with recent imports of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
There’s more to importing than just the movement of goods from A to B.
At Global Freight our experts can guide you through the entire process including:
- Identifying goods for import
- Making sure the goods are UK compliant and adhere to relevant safety regulations
- Providing advice on tariff classification codes for goods being imported
- Arranging shipping and agreeing costs with suppliers
- Arranging transportation of goods either by sea or air freight
- Tracking your cargo
- Providing customs support when your goods arrive in the UK
- Collecting your shipment