(Vacancy now filled)
Here at Global Freight we’re looking to expand our successful team with the addition of a junior freight forwarder.
Based at our office in Telford, this is an interesting and challenging role and would suit someone with experience of a wide range of general skills and an interest in carving a career in the freight forwarding industry.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing administrative and logistical support.
Duties will include:
- General office administration – answering phones, emails and post
- Answering general questions from public, prospective new clients and existing clients
- Handling imports, exports and cross trade
- Liaising with suppliers for air, road, sea and courier freight to obtain best rates
- Generate documentation
- Account management
- Basic invoicing to pro forma
- General quoting for freight forwarding services
- Following up quotes
- General freight forwarding administration, closing jobs and filing files
- Data inputting for relevant jobs and functions
- General data base admin with regards to updating organisational information
- General office support
- Attendance of exhibitions where required
Our ideal applicant would be:
- Have excellent attention to detail
- Proactive approach to problem solving
- Excellent telephone manner
- Ability to work under pressure
- Self motivated and ability to work on own initiative
- IT literate in Microsoft products including Outlook, Word and Excel
- The ability to priorities and work under pressure to tight dead lines
- Team player
If you think you would like to come and work for a growing, successful Shropshire business then do get in touch on 01952 270699 or email email@example.com.