The client – Thomas and Fontaine supply reusable silage netting to farmers and merchants in the UK and overseas.
Secure Covers are made from the highest quality, finely woven, UV stable polyethylene mesh. In use, the Secure Cover is placed over the normal polythene silage sheet and weighted only at the edges and joins. Once fitted, Secure Covers’ unique construction disperses wind gusts ensuring that the silage sheet remains in place on the silage pit.
By ensuring that the silage sheet is kept in close contact with the silage, a Secure Cover will effectively reduce surface waste. The finely woven mesh helps prevent bird damage to the silage sheet and when pulled down stops birds feeding on the feed face.
As we are already involved in many of Thomas and Fontaine’s freight movements it was a natural decision to contact us when on a recent trip to the Far East Mr Fontaine was involved in helping a local farmer to find a combine harvester. On returning to the UK he found the perfect machine and asked if we could ship it to Japan for them..
- We liaised with the supplier to have the machine delivered on a low loader to Southampton port ensured all cargo was clearly marked/ labelled and provided all port documentation.
- Due to the size of the cargo freight was booked as Ro/Ro on the Asian Parade vessel to Yokohama port, Japan.
- We insured the freight as requested with our online CNA full marine insurance facility.
- Completed all relevant documentation to ensure the customer could clear and take ownership of the freight.
- Couriered all original documentation direct to the consignee in Japan.
What the customer has to say:
“We have been working with Global Freight for over 11 years and are always impressed with their service, level of specialised knowledge and friendliness. Whether it be imports, exports or cross trade, Europe, North America, China, Australia the Middle East or within the UK we know that any queries will be answered straight away. We would not use anyone else.”